Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Kestrel 4100 Pocket Air Flow Tracker
If you are a complete gadget nut and need to have a device that does almost anything that you ask of it then the Kestrel wind/weather instrument is for you. Now I have been on the water my whole life and I have used many different devices to get the same read out's but I can tell you none fit in the palm of your hand. Sailing in the J24 class for the past 15 years this little device is going to come in handy, adding weight to a J24 can be hazardous to your health if you have a crazy skipper.
Let me give you a quick summary of what this puppy can do:
• Air flow in cfm, L/s, m³/s, m³/m, m³/h
• Air Velocity in ft/m, mph, m/s, km/h, kts, Beaufort
• Temperature in °F or °C
• Humidity in %
• Additional measurements of dewpoint, wind chill and heat stress index
• Data Logger (automatic and manual)
• Minimum, Maximum and Average values
• Multi-Function 3-line display
• Impeller can be replaced without tools
• Humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field with our Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
• Graphical Display for logged values
• Upload to a computer (with optional interface)
• Backlight for low light conditions
• Includes neck and wrist lanyards, protective pouch and 2 AAA batteries
What else can you say, oh yea it fits in the palm of you hand and weighs 3.6 oz..
Check it out! kestrel Wind Wind and Weather Instrument