Patagonia makes great stuff hands down, I have had a kayaking jacket I used for sailing and they have replace the color several times. about 20 years ago they had a jacket similar to the Men's Down Sweater and of course it was stolen at college. So to see a similar product like this just makes me want to stay out in the cold.
There's much to see 14,000 feet up at the Chasm View bivy: a vertigo-inducing panorama of the Diamond and alpenglow over the Rockies. There's also chilly air in any season, and that's where our Down Sweater comes in. It delivers minimal weight, superb compressibility and high-loft warmth. The ripstop shell with a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish does more than look sharp: it's tear-resistant and windproof and made from 100% recycled polyester. Details include top-quality 800-fill-power goose down, a quilted-through construction, two exterior zippered pockets, a stretch-mesh interior chest pocket that doubles as a zippered stuff sack and a carabiner clip-in loop. Drawcord hem.
- Superlight, windproof and water-resistant shell has high-tear strength
- Quilted construction stabilizes 800-fill-power premium European goose down
- Pockets: two zippered handwarmers, one zippered stretch-mesh that doubles as a stuff sack with carabiner clip-in loop
- Nylon-bound elastic cuffs and drawcord hem seal warmth in and drafts out
- Shell and lining: 1.4-oz 22-denier 100% recycled polyester ripstop with a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Insulation: 800-fill-power premium European goose down
- 368 g (13 oz)
- Made in China.
- Recycled Polyester
- We recycle used soda bottles, unusable second quality fabrics and worn out garments into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
- Deluge® DWR
- Patagonia’s proprietary durable water repellent fabric finish, Deluge DWR, lasts substantially longer than standard DWRs. Garments with the Deluge DWR finish have like-new repellency after years of extensive use.