Friday, December 04, 2009
Luggage tough to find and even tougher to keep from getting destroyed. North Face's Base Camp duffle is one that comes to mind and can take a beating, and is semi waterproof. So when Mountain Hardware come out with the juggernaut, you have to add it to your collection.
Get a load of these specs:
- HardWear Tarp top panel sheds weather and protects contents
- Internal compression straps help close the bag when fully loaded, reducing strain on zipper
- TIG welded alloy frame is light weight and super strong
- Pull-out handle with molded grip
- 100mm diameter urethane skate wheels with ABEC 5 sealed bearings for a smooth, quiet roll on almost any surface
- 16” steel thru-axle holds wheels securely to frame - won’t break like common molded-plastic designs with independent axles for each wheel
- Beefy #10 zipper fully opens top lid to access contents
- Large, clear UVX window on exterior holds itineraries, etc.
- Dual side daisy chains for lashing to jeeps, buses and various beasts of burden