Thursday, June 21, 2007
I might be late to the game on seeing this, but no more glasses. I am in! I can't find the link on Nike but after doing a search I found the link from Sci Fi Tech, so thanks SciFi.com. Now Nike in conjunction with Bausch & Lomb have developed special optics for athletes. They come in amber and green, both keep out UV rays but the amber lenses also filter out blue light, which is the part of the spectrum that has the most visual noise. Here is the catch you don't slip them on, they are contact lenses and you don't need a prescription.
• Provides distortion free optics
• Covers your entire pupil, eliminating glare and enhancing contrast
• No frame or nose piece obstruction, no fogging or fit issues
• Blocks specific wavelengths or of light
• Filters out more that 90% of harmful blue light and 95% of UVA and UVB
Here is the link to a free trial